10 May 2011

New Guardianship Topic at EdwardRingwald.com

Back in August 2009 I wrote a blog entry about the legalized exploitation of the elderly and disabled thanks to Florida's guardianship laws, which need a major overhaul. That blog entry received a few comments and I have replied to them.

I have decided to take the issue of guardianship in Florida a step further. I have created a topic over at EdwardRingwald.com that deals with guardianship in Florida and the rampant abuse of Florida's guardianship laws. I have also created a white paper (which you can access right from the topic page) that goes into a little more detail, as I did not want to write a long web page.

You can easily get on over to my new topic on guardianship in Florida simply by clicking on this link. There you will find a brief run-down of what guardianship in Florida is, plus a link to the white paper I made as well as links to other sources on the web that deal with guardianship abuse.

After all, Florida needs to desperately reform its guardianship laws and provide for the dignity of the person who is incapacitated. A part of this reform should be enhanced criminal penalties for any guardian - personal or professional - who commits any act of exploitation of the elderly or disabled as well as veterans of our United States Armed Forces who proudly served our country. The same enhanced criminal penalties (especially for perjury related to a guardianship) should also apply to anyone who willfully fraudulently petitions the courts to determine a person's capacity; this is rampant in cases of when these emergency petitions for guardianship are filed based on my research of the subject.

Unfortunately, given the current political climate in Tallahassee with a governor that does not care about the people of the State of Florida, I don't think guardianship reform will happen. And it won't happen for the forseeable future as I see it.

Just remember, if you are concerned about your loved one (such as your parents), remember this:

GUARDIANSHIP IN FLORIDA IS A LICENSE TO KIDNAP AND EXPLOIT THE ELDERLY AND THE DISABLED AS WELL AS OUR VETERANS WHO PROUDLY SERVED AMERICA IN THE UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES!

And by the way, I am dedicating my topic on Guardianship in Florida on my web site to those people in the great State of Florida that have been victimized by guardianship, especially Carol Kinnear of Clearwater who was wrongfully taken away by a professional guardian and was the subject of a St. Petersburg Times article written by Drew Harwell on 20 August 2009.

No comments: